This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Moving users to different channels from Java application

Flausch

I have written a little tool in Java for my gaming clan to calculate teams based on statistics.

Now I want to move players by this tool to specific mumble channels through some API / RPC call etc.

I was hoping there would be a java library for calling murmur and doing this, but the information I found was vast and very unspecific.

I know you have to use ICE somehow, but the documentation of ICE itself is very overwhelming and I still have to find what command to murmur is able to move users to channels.

Can anyone give me a hint or does anyone know the easiest way, how to do this from Java?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

ICE has traditionally been our remoting API for that. Back when we added it it was the best/only good choice.

For Mumble servers Ice functionality you can check the slice docs at http://mumble.sourceforge.net/slice/1.3.0/Murmur.html

You will want to get a users state information and set the channel ID to move them http://mumble.sourceforge.net/slice/1.3.0/Murmur/User.html#channel

If you're using 1.3 development snapshots, using GRPC might be a good alternative to using ICE.

I've wanted to use that myself (especially since PHP and Ice have traditionally not gone well together, and although I initially had success and implemented and maintained a web interface, I eventually gave up switching to/adjusting for newer versions of Ice and PHP).

The setting for GRPC in the mumble server ini.