This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

unity-like setup?

akahige

Hi

I've been looking at unity3 (unityintercom.com) for live event intercom.

How would one go around achieving the same functionality with mumble (the mobile client aside)?

I don't mind scripting, but is it even possible to get a true matrix like this in mumble?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my usage scenario:

A convention spanning several buildings, with quite a few arrangers and plenty of gophers.

Tasks and responsibilities are anchored in groups (IT, HR, Events, Cosplay, Stage-tech, InfoBooth, check-in,...)

One staff member can be responsible for and/or member of multiple groups (matrix organisation)

There is a need for information and coordination across/between groups as well as internally in the groups

Additionally, we have a stage for live performance, where communication is time critical (minimal lag)

FOH (light/sound/video techs) need to be able to coordinate internally.

As director I'll be in FOH. I need to coordinate with the rest of FOH, as well as the Stagemanager and camera crew.

I.e. I want to be able to listen to FOH and Stagemanager while talking to camera crew only, then switch to talk to FOH only, then switch to talk to Stagemanager and FOH

All the while being able to listen to priority channels (e.g. Security and Medic)

The product I mentioned (unity) has separated talk and listen, so that each client/user can select which groups to listen to and talk in. There's an image of their GUI along with a short description here: https://www.4rfv.co.uk/industrynews/197909/unity_intercom_from_vortex_multi_channel_production_intercom_on_the_devices_you_

Could something like that be done with a talk and a listen channel per user, and some creative linking? Then I'd look into extending the HTML5 client with some ice integration

For several reasons I'd prefer an open source solution to unity (including integrating with walkie-talkie channels, not being tied to a mac platform, etc.)