This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

positional audio for "normal" channels

dave_sf

I want to use positional audio, but NOT based on relative game positions. I just want everyone in a normal channel to automatically get assigned a different position, so it's easier to distinguish voices because they would come from different places.

I'm surprised that I can't seem to find this anywhere in the mumble positional audio or channel config.

Here is a conceptual demo..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

There is a "Manual placement plugin" in the list of PA plugins, but that requires manual configuration on each of the users instances; so a collaborative configuration effort.

Unfortunately, there is no simple, easy to use alternative available right now.

I think there is a feature request for this tracked. I did not find one in our github tracker at https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Afeature-request+label%3A%22positional+audio%22

but I found #643 Plugin: automatic space placement in our old[er] tracker.