This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Improve the project before it dies.

alkane

• Administrators

I don’t think introducing Slack will change much in that regard.

We have IRC chat channels on freenode with regular, and sometimes sporadic activity.

We have this forum with questionably/dangerously low knowledegable supporting activity (more questions than answers, more help seekers than help providers).

There is a Mumble subreddit with some activity.

I don’t think decentralizing the community even further into yet another chat service will help our cause. I think it would probably damage it.

Of course you may disagree, and say [some] people that use slack will not use IRC chat and would [be able to] contribute or seek help then.

But all of that in my opinion is not the important short comings. We need a stable release. We need active contributors. We need time spent on the main project, and big long standing issues as well as often requested new features, and service improvements, etc.

I don’t think introducing Slack will change much in that regard.

We have IRC chat channels on freenode with regular, and sometimes sporadic activity.

We have this forum with questionably/dangerously low knowledegable supporting activity (more questions than answers, more help seekers than help providers).

There is a Mumble subreddit with some activity.

I don’t think decentralizing the community even further into yet another chat service will help our cause. I think it would probably damage it.

Of course you may disagree, and say [some] people that use slack will not use IRC chat and would [be able to] contribute or seek help then.

But all of that in my opinion is not the important short comings. We need a stable release. We need active contributors. We need time spent on the main project, and big long standing issues as well as often requested new features, and service improvements, etc.

I have seen people who want to collaborate with the design part and they are only sent to see what there is currently ... I do not understand then.