This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

How to donate to the mumble project?

alkane

• Administrators

There’s a donate button on the wiki. That goes to the project initiator who is not active anymore, and barely reachable. He does pay for some of our hosting services, but I have no idea how balance stands there. So I'm not sure if that's a good way to donate.

We've looked into joining organizations for funding, money and juridical/law support in the past, but never managed to decide and follow through [the application process].

We don't have members with Mumble as their job/main time spender, so even managing suggestions to changes can be difficult time-/resource-wise.

davide recently set up a bountysource salt account and wants to try establishing an income stream that would allow us to maybe spend some regular and paid time on the project, in his case establishing it as a career path, in my case potentially cutting down regular "job time" in favor of working on the Mumble project.

You can find that at https://salt.bountysource.com/teams/mumble-voip

Thank you for your interest.

There’s a donate button on the wiki. That goes to the project initiator who is not active anymore, and barely reachable. He does pay for some of our hosting services, but I have no idea how balance stands there. So I'm not sure if that's a good way to donate.

We've looked into joining organizations for funding, money and juridical/law support in the past, but never managed to decide and follow through [the application process].

We don't have members with Mumble as their job/main time spender, so even managing suggestions to changes can be difficult time-/resource-wise.

davide recently set up a bountysource salt account and wants to try establishing an income stream that would allow us to maybe spend some regular and paid time on the project, in his case establishing it as a career path, in my case potentially cutting down regular "job time" in favor of working on the Mumble project.

You can find that at https://salt.bountysource.com/teams/mumble-voip

Thank you for your interest.

What happens is that you have to improve the appearance and usability of the application add and stop adding so many functions. In the main Hosters are looking for something that people want to use and mumble is good but I personally had to work hard for users to use Mumble. That is not the plan of this. The plan is to be easy to use. Because of fulfilling its function, it already does it well.

Only the work of UI and UX is missing.

I can collaborate with the design part without problems. I have 3 years working as a graphic designer and 1 year as a designer of UI and UX.

If we want Mumble to prosper, it must be usable by users without previous knowledge.