This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Connecting a domain to Mumble server using CloudFlare

mati

Hi, I've just set up Murmur on my Linux machine and forwarded a port on my router and everything works fine to this point. I've also tried to connect it to my domain but with no success. I also couldn't find much info on this topic online. Could you help me with connecting a domain to Murmur? Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

How did it work then? Did you connect to your servers IP address?

A domain is a named alias for an IP address. Once the domain is set up there is nothing you have to do on the Mumble server specifically. If connecting to the IP worked it should also work with the domain address.

The port has to be specified in both cases (unless it is the default port and that one is used.)

Changing Domain configuration can take a few minutes to propagate through the internet/to your internet provider/you.

You can check what the domain is an alias for by pinging it; e.g. in a cmd.exe window type

ping example.org