This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

PC and 2 raspberries setup

petronel

So i'm running the server and a user on a Windows PC and 2 users, each on a Raspberry Pi.

PC listens to both Raspberries at all times. Raspberries should not hear each other. PC should be able to talk to Raspberries separately, using push to talk, ideally using a different shortcut for each of them.

I'm thinking of running 2 instances on the pc, one running with pi1 on a channel, the other with pi2 on another channel. I read on wiki.mumble that same config is used for multiple instances, so different shortcuts would not work. Or maybe it will, but i would have to configure a different shortcut on each lunch, and that is no good.

So is there any way to use 2 separate configs? Or any other idea of how can i achieve the result that i want?

Any help is appreciated.

• Administrators

You can use the whisper to shortcut to talk to only a specific user. In the Data column in the shortcut editor you can set the user as a target.

So this should work just fine with only one Windows client and two PTT whisper shortcuts set up.

You can use the whisper to shortcut to talk to only a specific user. In the Data column in the shortcut editor you can set the user as a target.

So this should work just fine with only one Windows client and two PTT whisper shortcuts set up.

Exactly what i needed, thanks a lot!