This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble Video Streaming?

N8LHG

I hesitate to ask due to the enormous bandwidth needs, however, the idea still seems interesting to me.

Is there any one on the developers team considering an option to video stream from a murmur server? In other words, if you have a group gathered, perhaps a way to host streaming of a game being played by the group through the server?

By the way, RC1 64bit is running great! I've been a happy mumble server owner/user since 2010. Our gaming community has grown up together, we still gather regularly thanks to mumble.

• Administrators

Great to hear Mumble if of good use to you and your community, and you're still actively using and enjoying it.

There are no plans currently. We have too many open tasks for how few we are anyway. :)

That being said, I do think it would be an interesting feature.

The user avatars were made square back at the start of Mumble with possible webcam use for users in mind. This has been mentioned in the "Future" wiki page as a possible future feature.

Beyond that, I do think sharing the desktop could be a very useful and interesting feature.

Feel free to create a feature request in our tracker, if we do not have one yet for what you have in mind.