This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

New Server Custom Feature

xpnet

So I set up a room on a private LAN, where a person can talk but his or her transmissions are captured as sound clips. The room doesn't need to be retransmitted to any other person just saved on the server.

I have been doing this by using a client with the record feature. Yet this has problems. The main problem is the record feature records any and all non-transmission time so if a person starts talking takes a break for 10 mins then continues talking it just one really long clip with 10 mins of non-talking. One audio clip was 6 hours and only 40 seconds of actual audio.

Is there any plugs that can work with mumble to do what I'm looking for, preferable is a person joins the room, makes 3 push to talk transmissions then ends I would have 3 different audio clips with timestamps.

Thanks again,

• 2 weeks later...