This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

[SOLVED] Push to Talk in Windows 10 doesn't work properly

nicoting

Hi all,

Push to Talk doesn't work when I am playing a game or the active window is the game I am playing.

I always open another app, then alt tab to that app to to use the push to talk , and it's HASSLE cause I am using this app to report to my team mate, also the overlay doesn't work, the game is CrossFire.

Here is my pc windows version: BUT I remember even in lower version of Windows 10 it's not working

HiNH2js.png

Thanks,

NicoTing

Edited by nicoting

• Administrators

Hello

I do not understand the differentiation/difference between “when I am playing a game or the active window is the game I am playing”.

Mumble runs in an elevated mode that should allow it to handle push to talk before other applications.

Do you run your games as administrator/in administrator mode by any chance?

Hello

I do not understand the differentiation/difference between “when I am playing a game or the active window is the game I am playing”.

Mumble runs in an elevated mode that should allow it to handle push to talk before other applications.

Do you run your games as administrator/in administrator mode by any chance?

I mean when focused on game , the game's window is open/active

But when the notepad's window for example is open/active, the push to talk works.

Yes, it must be run as admin.

SOLUTION:

Okay, so after trying and trying, I figured out that you need to run the mumble as admin too if the game/app was run as admin, and also you need to add the game in the Allowed programs/whitelist from the Overlay Exception

• Administrators

Generally, it’s a bad idea to run (all) stuff with adminstrative permissions.

The whole point of it is to restrict applications from having access to your full system. And even for a game with anticheap capabilities, they should do so with system services that run under privileged access and NOT with the game itself running as admin.

The overlay white/blacklist should not have any influence on push to talk. They are technically separate systems entirely.