This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble Server update 1.21.8 to 1.30 on Rasberry PI3 ...

Gars_Louis

• Administrators
The system say is already updated

Where are you installing from? What are you installing?

Looks like Debian Stretch is still supported but not the current version. Looks like the packages.debian.org website no longer allows searching for older versions.

If you’re installing from the official Debian package repositories, those are not maintained by us but by the debian package maintainers. You’ll find more information in the package metadata.

You can download the static binaries manually from our website if you want to use 1.3.0. You will have to manually install it though.

Hello Kissaki, thank you for your answer..

To answer at your question:

When i wrote : "apt-get install mumble-server" on my Raspian Server consol, after it said:

"mumble-server is already the newest version (1.2.18-1+deb9u1).

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded."

So, my conclusion, i could never upgrade my server at 1.30?

Only on the Debian OS that's works, not on the Raspian OS .. (for Rasberry PI)

I suppose...

Louis.

• Administrators

You can uninstall the package, and manually install the static linux server we provide. You can reuse the existing configuration and database by configuring it appropriately. If you want to do that.

Otherwise, maybe upgrading your distro version would be an option?

Or using an AppImage? I guess those also work on Debian? I'm not sure.

Or you can check the Debian documentation or whatever to find out how Debian handles this. As I said you're installing something Debian provides there with apt-get.