This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Is there a setting that disables the queue for text2-speech?

MaloW

So I want to have text-to-speech enabled for when users mute/unmute or connect/disconnect to the server, but I don't want them to queue up. Sometimes there's someone who presses the mute/unmute button 100 times in rapid succession, and the text-2-speech guy then spends 5 minutes catching up to all those events. I would like him to interrupt and just discard any previous message and read the most recent one only. Is there an option for this I'm missing?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Or when many users left, enter the channel... We need text to speech functionality, but when many users do a lot of things the queue should be dicarted and last user or a pattern should be read. Would be even better if we could choose if queue or not, with default disabled.