This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Group management?

Furentes

Hello,

I was thinking about switching from TeamSpeak 3 to Mumble. But I am unable to find a "group management" feature like in TeamSpeak. The ACL is great, but is it possible to say "a user with the group Moderator can kick everyone beneath him (like a normal user) but can't kick an Admin or an Moderator"?

Is something like this possible? :(

Regards,

Furentes

• Administrators

The ACL are evaluated on the channel level, so no, I think this is not possible like that.

Looking at it on a more conceptual level, why would a moderator that we trust to kick users appropriately not be allowed to kick moderators? Surely he will not do so without good reason or where allowed. Is there actually a need to prevent Moderators from kicking other moderators? If we do not trust them this much, aren’t they in an inappropriate position in the first place?

The ACL are evaluated on the channel level, so no, I think this is not possible like that.

Thank you for the quick response! Sad that Mumble is not suitable for my specific use case, but I am sure I will find one someday. :D

It is hard to find a group management solution like the one in TeamSpeak 3. Maby Discord... :? rather not.

If we do not trust them this much, aren’t they in an inappropriate position in the first place?

I completely agree with you, but as some people say "Trust is good, control is better".