This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Murmur 1.3.0 for ARM?

pipes_up

Hello everyone,

Currently, we have Mumble server (Murmur) installed on a Raspberry Pi with an ARM processor. It seems as if Murmur 1.2.8 is the latest that is available for ARM.

Is there now or are there any plans to release Murmur 1.3.0 for ARM? Or will it just be Intel/x86 based moving forward?

Thank you.

Nothing changed in that regard.

Where do you get your package/binaries from?

I believe the default Pi repositories have "mumble-server" and this is where we got it. There was an update (to 1.2.8 I believe) supplied in February of this year.

What Linux distribution does that use? Do you have resources for that? Can you check there?

You can see arm being provided just fine still on the Ubuntu packages for example. https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=mumble-server&searchon=names&suite=eoan&section=all

So it is not a lack of ARM support.

It is using Raspbian "jessie".

I tried using "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mumble/release" but it errored out saying "Error: could not find a distribution template for Raspbian/jessie"

Any ideas kissaki?

Thank you for your support.

• Administrators

No, and the Raspbian website doesn’t seem particularly helpful to me.

You may want to look for support from that project, or try to look for the package recipes or building one based on the Debian or Ubuntu package recipes.

• 1 month later...

Any news on this? I would also like to update my murmur server on the raspberry pi.

But sudo apt-get install mumble-server only tells me that version 1.2.8 is already up to date :-(

Hey VanKurt, I ended up just ordering a new microSD card, since they're so affordable right now, and installing the latest version of Raspbian (based on the newest Debian Buster). This allowed me to do a fresh install of Murmur 1.3.0.