Mumble forums

cant hear/talk on some servers

stoggy

I cant hear/talk on 1 server. On another server it is fine.

I don't get any errors if i run mumble from command line. I do get a message that it cant find a CELT codec and I may not be able to hear/talk but this comes up on both servers.

mumble-1.3.0_1

celt-0.11.3_3

opus-1.3.1_1

The server info for both servers looks the same, both report version is 1.3.0. The people running the server aren't much help either, its mumble and I should ask here...

In config I can do a local echo test on both servers and it works. Remote echo test only works on the working server. On the non-working server If I go into a comms check channel, I gather its suppose to repeat back to me what i say after 2 seconds, I light up when i push to talk but nothing even tries to play back. I have seen other people use this channel and it appears to work. On the server that works, this channel works as described. On the working server i can hear/talk to people.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Administrators

Mumble 1.2 and 1.3 uses CELT 0.7 as a baseline fallback (if not all participants have Opus or Celt 0.11 available and Opus is not enforced).

The server may also enforce Opus. I do not actually know how the server loopback test behaves if it is set up that way.

What OS are you using?