This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Software who Work on Android Device who have NO TOUCHSCREEN?

️Length must be b️

Hi

There are some Android 5.0 Device out there who are design from a Company to use "there" VoIP Chat System and have NO TOUCH SCREEN! Someone on Youtube Show its possible to install any Android Software the only problem the must support Fully an Keyboard Input after Installation with an "Desktop Software".

Is there an Client who can do that?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This: https://www.hytera-mobilfunk.com/de/produkt/details/hytera-pnc380/

Some user found a way to connect via remote to the Device and install everything who run under Android 5.0.

The only downside of the device is the have no Touchscreen. The new 380 have a Keypad (the older 370 havent).

So I have more options to run a Software on that.

Okay. I actually tried something similar. I installed plumble on an Inrico T-199 (also a PTT over cellular device but without any display). Plumple basically works fine. Also the PTT button can be mapped.

But for a good use on these poc devices plumble probably needs some more features like this:

- autostart after boot

- autoconnect to a channel

- map the other hardware buttons to other functions (channel change, call/sos)

Why do you even buy a Device without Display? :o

- autostart after boot
What I heard the Hytera is able to Open an Software from a Menu.

- autoconnect to a channel
Hmm does it not work on default?

- map the other hardware buttons to other functions (channel change, call/sos)
Is there anything to know about?

Sry I never use such an Device.

Maybe someone here have experience with device like that.