This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Reviving the Android client; Mumla

quite

Hi all!

I've taken to fork Andrew Comminos venerable Plumble, with the intention of trying to maintain it. Hopefully with from help from the community. The name is Mumla -- which happens to mean mumble in Swedish; the Jumble lib is called Humla, bumblebee.

Most of the work so far has gone into bringing up the code base to build using current Android SDK, using AndroidX compat modules, properly requesting permissions, etc.

Here is a small project page with links to source code repository etc: https://mumla-app.gitlab.io/.

And as well a link into the Gitlab CI system, which should produce fresh debug builds on every commit to the master branch. Please try it out!

I'm not much of a web forum guy, but I'll check about the board now and then. I'm also sitting on the channel #mumla on Freenode IRC server. But I mostly hope you'll join in on Gitlab to discuss issues, and perhaps even merge requests ;)

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...