This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

need help with organizing multiple complex teams

elite194

First, thanks for having me. I used Teamspeak since 2008 for several games. But I'm working on something new now. I had hopes for Teamspeak, but the phone and ipod apps aren't free and since this is a partially tabletop/online game I have to get all the players to install an app. Then I discovered mumble....

After testing murmur with using some phones, laptops and ipods - things got exciting. This is going to be a very disruptive technology in my world.

I've had fun with several channel configurations.

Here's what I want now -

1. the top leader can communicate with anyone individually privately, but has his own channel and will be at a computer with the mumble app open and visible at all times, so he can move players if necessary - but it would be better if he didn't have to.

2. there is another leader who is also setup the same way, but will also act as the master operator of the mumble system and should be able to broadcast messages to all players at one time, i.e., a flash message

3. there are static stations that will be using phone and ipod apps and should never need to actually look at their devices, but have a default voice activated channel and a PTT to a higher leader

4. there are players who need voice activated channels to a certain leader and PTT to another leader

5. generally there won't be any text messages, this whole thing would replace the radios and telephone systems we all currently use.

6. It would also be cool to have "spectators" who aren't playing but can listen in on all channels or certain channels from different lobbys - but they don't get to talk to anyone. This would be a huge deal.

7. It would also cool if the traffic could go out on the live stream on either youtube or facebook - currently there is just a live feed and you hear whatever the webcam mic picks up, which is a lot of noise and people talking over each other.

I've found that setting up channels is much easier than I expected and so far no technical difficulties.

I could draw a system map, if anyone wants to see a picture of what I think it will look like, but I'm betting I don't know how much sweeter this thing can really be.

I'd like to see some posts about advanced team setups that people are using now....

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Sorry for the late post approval. We have an influx of spam, and I am the only one moderating here. It is too much to effectively moderate (in my limited free time).

Anyway, glad to hear you find it so useful and appreciate it. I am also interested in hearing about peoples use and configurations.

I was a little bit confused about whether you seek some help or suggestions or just pointed out your ideas that you plan to implement?