This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Server-Sided Positional Voice Chat

avavavave

Does the client send the position and direction they are looking at (when using supported mods) to the mumble server (aka murmur)?

If so, why can't I connect both murmur and minecraft server that are in the same computer and sync the player positions, so players don't have to download a mod to play on the server? I can send the positions and directions on minecraft server, but I don't know where to send them.

• Administrators

It's definitely something that can be implemented.

Adding a dedicated method to our RPC interface(s) that takes the user's ID and positional info should be enough.

However, there's a potential issue with the server-side approach: audio/position de-sync in high-latency situations, especially when Murmur and the Minecraft server are hosted in different locations.