This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

cannot hear other user sound, they cannot hear me.

clexp

Hi,

got a mumble server running in a digital ocean droplet.

I can hear me, but I can't hear others. They can hear themselves but they cannot hear me.

Been trouble shooting with

https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/FAQ/English#Can.27t_hear_other_users.2Fusers_can.27t_hear_me

So on local loop back I can hear me on different concurrent physical machine, (i.e hear self on each machine)

On server loop back I can hear self on each physical machine. The sound is getting to the server from both sides but not being sent out. both users are appearing on each other's mumble window as in the same channel.

where do I need to be looking?

gone through the sound wizard on both physical machines many times, sure it is working.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

If server loopback works on both ends I would say it has to be a permission issue. Your users probably are denied to speak. I presume their lights do not light up for each other.

Are they muted, or deafened? Did you change the ACL speak permission?

• 1 month later...