This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Build Error MSB4126 when BuildingWindows

R2bEEaton

Hi, I am very new to Mumble and Murmur and am trying to make a positional audio plugin for a game that is unsupported by following this tutorial: https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Pluginguide

I'm currently following the article https://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/BuildingWindows for building an environment for Windows. I get all the way up to

./build-all.bash

to build the dependencies. After running that and waiting awhile, I get the following error:

Build FAILED.

"C:\MumbleBuild\win32-static-1.3.x-2020-07-09-537f341-924.build\libogg-1.3.2\win32\VS2010\libogg_static.sln" (default target) (1) ->
(ValidateSolutionConfiguration target) ->
 C:\MumbleBuild\win32-static-1.3.x-2020-07-09-537f341-924.build\libogg-1.3.2\win32\VS2010\libogg_static.sln.metaproj : error MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Release|X86" is invalid. Please specify a valid solution config
uration using the Configuration and Platform properties (e.g. MSBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the default solution configuration. [C:\MumbleBuild\win32-static
-1.3.x-2020-07-09-537f341-924.build\libogg-1.3.2\win32\VS2010\libogg_static.sln]

0 Warning(s)
   1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.65
+ exit 1

I was unable to find any Mumble support for this online, and am unsure how to "specify a valid solution" as it says because I have no idea what it's referring to. If it's talking about Visual Studio and the Windows 7 SDK that must be in Program Files (x86), I do have that, though it's labeled 7.1 instead of 7.1A like it says in the article. I'm not sure if that was a typo and didn't want to change it, especially since I'm running Windows 10.

Anyway, if anyone is able to provide any help or insight, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.