This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

how to add my server to a server list?

Kamey

Hi, I'm new to mumble so i decided to host a mumble server for my community i already have a vps server, so I'm hosting my mumble/murmur server there, but the question is how would i add my server to the mumble server list you that you see on the client when you open mumble?

it doesn't work i have set the country code to rs, as Republic of Serbia or just Serbia.. but i get some error in the console

<W>2020-12-14 11:09:47.105 1 => <1:(-1)> New connection: 52.201.18.254:41044
<W>2020-12-14 11:09:47.341 1 => <1:(-1)> Connection closed: The TLS/SSL connection has been closed [1]
<W>2020-12-14 11:09:47.360 1 => Registration: Registration updated [Location does not match hostname country code. Ignored unverified certificate]

Edited by Kamey

i just commented the hostname thing with # so that it can do auto stuff

and it worked

<W>2020-12-14 11:29:24.964 1 => Registration: Registration updated

so my server should be visible in the list somewhere?

how do i find it.. what country..

yeah but i want the server to be in Serbia even tho it's not hosted there, so that the people form Serbia join the Server, no other way around i don't want it to rank the server by it's IP, it's not good, there must be added a setting that gives you the ability to specify the country you want your server to show in.

• Administrators

The setting already exists, it's called registerLocation.

From https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/issues/3328#issuecomment-728637315:

I propose to rely on GeoIP for the server categorization, drop registerLocation and implement a field that defines the accepted languages.

That way a user can easily distinguish between servers that are closer and servers on which the desired language is effectively accepted.

What do you think about that?

• Administrators

To clarify/elaborate: The categorization is currently location based, not language/usage based.

This is also indicated by the wording like location and and country rather than language.

As davide pointed out and linked corresponding tickets we are aware of language and intention use cases, and are discussing them there, and considering adding functionality for it.