Mumble forums

Prevent view of channel users?

redactuk

I've just installed mumble for use with out gaming clan, and what i would like to be able to do is prevent un-authenticated users (our admins authenticate them) from being able to either browse the sub-channels or see which players are in those sub-channels, as in team vs team its quite usual in Vent (what we came from) for enemy clans to log just to check your numbers.

I was kinda hoping denying traverse to @all at the root and then allowing it via @auth would do the job but it seems not :(

Note: Yes we have a server password, but we have many members joining and leaving over time, and having to change that every week or so is a pain. Was kinda hoping to get beyind this in Mumble

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

I think there is already a feature request for this, but do not expect it soon as the next stable version is in his final stage. I do think it can be implemented as an option in the ACL editor.

For now I would say put the cheaters in the ban list.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

It's not as simple as putting cheaters on ban list. That works for clan members that become ex-clan members, sure, but it's not difficult in a large clan for the server password to get out which can give non-clan members access to the root channel. What I was hoping was that disabling Traverse would keep channels in the list un-expanded so that that you could not see who was in them i.e. number of players. Hopefully it's something for wish-list as it would be a nice feature that I don't think others offer, well Vent doesn't offer this for sure.

cheers