This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Internet Disconnection

samborn

Ive been having a problem with Mumble and my Internet Connection. Once i start up my Mumble and connect to a server it works fine, but then my internet browser and anything internet related does not work. Other then my connection to Ventrillo or Mumble, everything else does not work. And to get my Internet Connection back i must delete Mumble fully, reboot, and restart my internet to have my internet connection back.

Thanks

Could you please provide us with your operating system and the version of Mumble you are running.

It could be some problems with the drivers of the network card.

But you can try this. In mumble select network in the configuration window, do not forget to check advanced in the bottom left corner of the configuration window. In the network configuration there are some options you can play with in the connection block. Try checking "Force TCP mode" or un-checking "Use Quality of Service" or a combination of this.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

Im running on Windows 7 and is using the Windows 1.2.2 version. Also, ive already tried the settings in the network, checked force tcp, unchecked " Use quality of service", and in combination. Nothing seems to work, once i press connect to go into a server my internet connection dies.

• Administrators

There’s another one in IRC right now with a similar / the same problem.

You’re saying your mumble and ventrilo still work, but nothing else?

Does your Mumble check for updates (or did you disable it)? Does it also fail? (the one in IRC also fails version-check)

Mumble should not disconnect you as it’s only using what the system provides.

Things I’d further suggest:

Disable or even uninstall your firewall and invasive antivir, if you have something like that.

Then update your network drivers, or try uninstalling them and using default system ones, if you installed custom / updated ones.

I have make the screen

i have delete my antivir and firewar and he doesn't work

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/135/mumble3.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5391/mumbleu.jpg

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/431/mumble2qx.jpg

From the pictures it looks like you are installing Mumble in "My Documents". Have you tried installing it in the "Program Files" directory, were normally programs are installed to.

I think the DBus of mumble is setup incorrect, due to you installation directory. This also explains why you have to uninstall mumble before everything works again. The faulty daemon is restarted after you reboot, as it was not killed when mumble was killed.

Keep use posted, so we can try to find a way to let mumble be installed in any directory, if this is the problem.

update: Try the snapshot, that does not use the DBus as far as I know.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.