This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Unable to Save Users to Groups

meistergn006

Hello All,

Ive been having an issue with my mumble server (murmur) and was hoping you would be willing to try and help. I am renting a hosting server from a 3rd party and they provided me with the superuser credentials.

The problem I am having is when I log in as the superuser to try and add people to the groups Ive created it never saves them. They have been registered and so according to the documentation I've read off the wiki as long as the user is registered it should allow me to save them to the appropriate groups. These are the steps I take:

1. Log into the server as the superuser
  2. Right click the Main Lobby and select Edit
  3. Click on the Groups Tab and then in the blank space under Group type in "officers" then the add button
  4. Under the Members section I click in the blank space, Type in a registered users name & click add
  5. I then click Ok at the bottom
  6. Log out as superuser then log in as my normal log in which at this point should be in the "officers" group with the appropriate permissions
  7. None of the permissions are there so I log out and log back into the superuser account
  8. I go back to the groups tab using the edit option on the Main Lobby and while the group title was saved none of the members I added are in the list

Now from my understanding with permissions and the like I cannot for the life of me see anything I did to cause the added members not to be saved to the group I created, but I guess the possibility is always there. Is it possible my murmur host has not set one of the appropriate file permissions to read/write and only has them set at read at the moment?

AMD Phenom 9950 X4 Black - Asus M2N32SLI-Deluxe - Evga Geforce GTS 250 - Samsung SyncMaster 225 - Razer Naga

• Administrators
Click on the Groups Tab and then in the blank space under Group type in "officers" then the add button

Try selecting via dropdown instead of typing.

Is the officers group there?

Under the Members section I click in the blank space, Type in a registered users name & click add

Again, try to select via dropdown instead of typing.

Is the registration there?

Do the usernames have special characters?

After clicking add, the user is listed in the group?

After clicking ok, then opening edit ACL again, is the user still in the groups list?

Well, sqlite write perms are necessary.

Creating channels works?

Try selecting via dropdown instead of typing.

Is the officers group there?

The officers group is there and lets me modify the permissions via the ACL tab.

I did try to use the drop down menu but it was empty. As it stands right now I only have two registered users, myself and another officer, but alas neither one of us show up in the drop down list which is why I was trying to manually add the names in myself. There are no special characters used for the names.

I have been successful in creating the channels for the server though.

AMD Phenom 9950 X4 Black - Asus M2N32SLI-Deluxe - Evga Geforce GTS 250 - Samsung SyncMaster 225 - Razer Naga

You say that you are using a hosted server. What is the version number of the murmur server they are hosting for you?

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

You say that you are using a hosted server. What is the version number of the murmur server they are hosting for you?

Registering a user will show the registered flag for him?

Can he log in then?

I log in as myself on my laptop then log in as the superuser on my desktop. I then right click on my regular username from the superuser account and select register.

It then says:

"You are about to register XXX on the server. This action cannot be undone, the username cannot be changed, and as a registered user XXX will have access to the server even if you change the server password. From this point on, XXX will be authenticated with the certificate currently in use. Are you sure you want to register XXX?"

I click yes from the superuser account, but even after that when I click on "Server" then select "Registered Users" the list shows up as blank. I log out after I flag my regular username for registered the log back in, but still no flag displayed or it being listed in the registered users window.

• Administrators

The flag should display right after registering, even without logging in (disconnecting and connecting again).

So, you can not register.

Contact your hoster.

(SuperUser has all perms, hardcoded, so if he can’t, nothing can.)