This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Overlay and Live Messenger 2011!

mjolkspam

• Administrators

It does not crash for you though?

(We had another guy in the forum who said it would for him. Oh wait, it was a girl, not a guy.)

With the recent snapshots and the soon coming 1.2.3 version you can exclude programs from being used with an overlay yourself, with a blacklist.

I added a feature request to add it to the blacklist by default, until then you’ll have to add it on your own.

There’s 2 other ways though.

You can entirely disable the overlay,

or simply place a nooverlay (I think it’s that filename) file in the folder your (live messenger) executable is in.

The latter is probably the way for you to go, if you don’t want to use a snapshot or wait for 1.2.3.

I got 2 mumble startups in my folder atm: Mumble.exe / Mumble11x.exe

I'm using the Mumble.exe. What's up with the other one? Is it for Dx11 or something?

If so i might use that cause i have HD5870 and plays some Dx11 games.

And i can't find any file named Mumble.ini? :)

• Administrators

If you don’t have a mumble.ini in that folder you’re not running in portable mode, so that’s not the problem (running in portable will save settings in the ini, but the overlay will still read from registry thus your blacklist changes will not apply).

Mumble11x.exe is for the older 1.1.x version (servers) of mumble,

a backwards compatible client.

You only need it if you want to connect to older 1.1.x servers.

There was a protocol change from 1.1.x to 1.2.0 which made those incompatible, thus a compatibility client was introduced.

Did you try the nooverlay file?

Make sure it does not have a file extension.