This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Attenuation multi soundcards & Password Registration

lactosexl

Hey,

Currently my setup is as follows: Mumble + Game sounds == Headphones. Music/Firefox/other sounds==Speakers.

Headphones are on one sound card (A)

Speakers are on soundcard (B)

I was wondering if there was a way to attenuate the sound on both soundcard A & B. Since during raids/games I listen to my music through my speakers and mumble through headphones I was wondering if there was a way to make it attenuate all sounds.

Also Is there a way to make it so that users have to use a password to register with the mumble server? Thanks

• Administrators

That’s a sound driver specific question.

What system are you on?

How did you define which apps output to which device?

With that system, whatever it was, that’s probably the point you have to check for correct attenuation for as well.

Also Is there a way to make it so that users have to use a password to register with the mumble server? Thanks

Use a password ACL group.

When you create a passworded channel a password acl group is created. You can try it that way, to see how it looks like.

You then want to create a password acl group in your root chan, which is inherited down the tree, and allow it registration. Deny for others. And that’s about it already.

You may want to check the wiki pages on ACLs

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/ACL_and_Groups

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/ACL_Tutorial/English

I'm using Windows 7 64bit

I've set the onboard realtek soundcard as the default sound device. From there Firefox/Chrome/Applications which DONT allow for specific sound cards are going to this soundcard by default.

I've only set my WoW and Mumble (both within the settings) to the second sound card (headphones) (SoundBlaster Audigy SE). Attenuation works fine with the headphone but it does not attenuate on the onboard soundcard aswell.

SInce I use the default device for my music/tv/other programs for the "noisy" sounds that need attenuation and my second soundcard for my more important sounds during raids (Mumble + WoW) I would like to have attenuation work on the default and if possible (but not as important) the headphones aswell.

If it is possible to attenuate the default sound card instead of the headphone WHILE keeping mumble on the headphones that would be great aswell.