This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

[SOLVED] AutoMove chan

adraflight

Hello

I developed a program that retrieves some information from a multiplayer game. I like to know if it was possible to automatically move a user into a specific channel.

With my software I get the nickname which is the same as the username mumble and the name of the desired channel, which obviously is a channel to mumble.

Example:

With my program I get: nickname = Adraesh and channel = test

So is it possible via a script to automatically move Adraesh into the channel test?

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for the quick response.

If I understand correctly, I can use the API ice to control my murmur server.

Can you be a little more specific, give me some more informations?

Where to start, how to do it ... etc. ?

Or maybe we can get in touch to work together on my project?

Thank you in advance.

• Administrators

I understood you want to switch users to a specific channel, so you wanna use the Ice function server->setState(User)

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/slice/Murmur/Server.html#setState

How you have to use Ice depends;

what kind of program did you use to read out game-data?

Is it server side or client side?

Resulting in: Can you implement the Ice functionality (move users) in your app? Do you want to use a separate webserver for that with authentification or sth?

In the end, you’ll have to somehow access Ice.

Zeroc provides bindings for C(++), Java, python, PHP …

http://zeroc.com/languages.html

You’ll just have to use one of those binding libs and, well, just connect to and use Ice.