This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

search fail and wiki updates

sircurmudgeon

Search doesn't appear to work. 'centos install murmur' doesn't seem like that would be poor search terms for what I'm looking for and would certainly be helpful. It reports those terms (in any combination or individually) as "too common" and refuses to search. Not sure if that's a SF limitation or not since I don't use it myself.

on to the reason for my search: I was hoping to find updated instructions. Instead, I had to dig up the rpm from rpmfind.net

rpm can be found here:

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/Mandriva/devel/cooker/x86_64/media/contrib/release/mumble-server-1.2.2-3mdv2011.0.x86_64.rpm

These centOS instructions work with this rpm and the wiki should be updated. I tried, but it's restricted.

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Tips_Tricks

Also of note, any instructions involving the murmur.x86 do not work as the instructions have you copy it as /usr/sbin/murmurd to make it start properly. commands such as setting the SuperUser password require a change in the case of following these instructions. I suppose it shouldn't be required to tell people, but it might be useful to mention in those instructions so people don't assume the server is broken or installed incorrectly.

When I use the search string 'centos install murmur' I get some hits, which are handy. If you were searching in the forum, then that is SF related as it is a hosted application.

If you just registered to the homepage you need to wait a few days before you can start editing. There is a cool down period of 3 days. Feel free to update the page when you can.

The wiki pages have some redundancy in them, which need to be clean up. For instance there is a page Murmurguide and Running_Murmur. Were the first talks about the fact the for packages the murmur.x86 file is often called murmurd and the second does not. But feel free to help getting the website cleaned up.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.