This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Feedback Issues

Christian

Using the Audio Wizard, there is no configuration available that does not result in feedback between my microphone and speakers.  Basically, sound from the speakers is picked up by the microphone and the inevitable screeching occurs whenever sound is generated in the room (either by my voice or some other source)

I have tried echo cancellation in all available modes.

I have tried all available devices and connection possibilities.

My HDMI monitor has speakers and is connected directly to an Nvidia graphics card.  

My microphone is built into the Logitech web camera that is mounted above the monitor.

I use zoom, twitch and a handful of other applications that use both microphone and speakers and these all work perfectly without having to run any wizard.

I am interested in your comments on how this problem can be resolved, or if there is some effort to make the application work seamlessly (the software industry has already solved this problem for countless applications)

Edited by Christian

• Administrators

What version of Mumble are you using?

16 hours ago, Christian said:

the software industry has already solved this problem for countless applications

Feel free and create a pull request fixing this seemingly simple issue. We'd be glad if it got fixed.