This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Add admin user to DB

crsmike

Hello. I've been tasked with adding an admin user to multiple instances of murmurd 1.4. Is there a way to do this from the command line, without having to install a full-fledged admin web server and messing with ICE or dBus? All I need to do is add 1 user to 3 instances. Thanks.

• Administrators

As far as I know this is indeed unsupported. The CLI for the server is essentially non-existent at this point.

You would have the possibility to edit the underlying database directly, but in order to do so, you'd have to know the DB structure and it seems likely that this could then corrupt the entire server, so I advise against it.

Thus at this point there isn't really an alternative to using an admin tool or using the Mumble client to add these users (while they are connected)...