This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Automatic gain controll off?

Manu1981

Hello

I've installed mumble server on my Raspberry and mumble Client in my Win10 computer to use it as a audio server for my Amateur Radio station.... The connection works well!

Now my question: Is it possible to turn AGG off? If yes, where?

I wanna transfer a digital signal which is generated by my Win 10 Computer sent via the Raspberry to the Transceiver but within the first 5....6 seconds it becomes quiter and quiter till the signal becomes unusable quiet....

Best regards

Manuel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

And you send this through the Mumble client?

Doesn't this sound more like noise suppression taking effect rather than gain control? It notices a constant noise and suppresses that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

sorry for my delay. I'm pretty busy in my job right now. I switched the noise suppression off but I played a bit with other values - especially with the gain. But when I pull the gain down Mumble amplifies and when I pull the gain up Mumble reduces the output. The result is an unusable input signal on the transceiver's input. It's either too loud and the transceiver throttles it or so quiet that it should be amplified but there's no way to.

I'm still looking for a way to set fix audio levels without AGC 'n stuff like that.

Best regards

Manuel