This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

How to enable a channel password?

stridarn82

Hi!

Me and my buddies moved over to mumble after using the super outdated ventrilo. (and we all love mumble btw) :P

We use a server wich allows user to create your own channel, wich is great. But, as always on the internet there are retards lurking...

A couple of times some 10 year old kid has managed to join our channel and talking trash and beeing annoying. :evil:

I´ve tried righclicking on our channel and set a password, but that only makes the channel unjoinable for everyone.

I guess i dont know how this password faeture works. :?

So is there a way to put a password on a channel that you created on somebody elses server :?:

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I´ve tried righclicking on our channel and set a password, but that only makes the channel unjoinable for everyone. 

Well, that means you successfully set the password. :)

As previous poster said, users need to add it to their access tokens.

See menu under Server.