This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble will soft crash win 7 64

gordylll

I have installed mumble and the installer runs fine. Once I name a new server and log in (which it doesn't give you an opportunity for a server password initially) it will give me the wrong password error then soft crash the OS. I have to shut down restart, then when I open mumble its as if I never set anything up and I have to go through it all over (crash included). I can provide a dxdiag if requested

Ok I disabled QOS in the options (just in mumble) and as soon as I get the error for invalid password its freezing (did 10 times so I had a sample to look at). I updated the drivers for my card and no dice there either.

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is my card and I am going to disable QOS in their also. Any other ideas? No coms makes wow suck :D

• 2 months later...

Instead of creating a new topic I thought I would bump this one as there seems to be no resolution.

A friend of mine installed Mumble on her Vista 32 PC and everytime she tries to run the application it is locking up the PC. I know two other people that are using Mumble fine on Vista 32 boxes.

Hopefully someone will see this as at the moment the audio quality of mumble is better than Vent but that doesn't help if users can't actually open the app.

• Administrators

See: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/FAQ#Mumble_gives_me_a_BSOD_.2F_crashes_my_PC_when_I_try_to_start_it.

Mumble is using Operating System capabilities as advertised but unfortunately some drivers are faulty or misbehave. All we can do is work around the issue where it can be located and we think its worth it. Unfortunately figuring out what exactly is happening is often complicated.