This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Computer freezes

kanjata

• Administrators

There is a good chance that updating all your drivers (especially graphics and sound) is able to solve your issues. Mumble itself cannot freeze your computer, only a faulty driver can do so.

If that does not help try disabling the overlay, it sometimes can trigger such driver bugs.

I do not use the overlay and now I have an SLI GTX 285 with the latest Nvidia WHQL driver 196.21. Should I install the SLI patch, I have no doubt that this affects my problem. And side-board sound card, I have a Realtek driver with 2.42. I'm currently downloading the 2.43 now.

No third party programs affect Mumble? For everything there is to date and my computer freezes once the opening of Mumble a few minutes or even hours later. So it's not the hardware. I can try to downgrade my graphics driver to see what it changes

• Administrators

Third party applications could, of course, affect Mumble. But we are not aware of any interactions causing what you described. If you did disable overlay then all that is left is bad input device drivers and audio drivers. So if you have any outdated drivers in these areas updating them might solve the issue. Bad drivers can also include something like (aim-)bots which emulate a input device to move your mouse for you, these "drivers" are often written very poorly and can crash your computer if mumble tries to use abilities that weren't correctly implemented.

Finally it was the sound driver that is in question. I have the Windows 7 default temporary solution. And when I put the version 2.4x. My computer crashes to the use of Mumble. Is find a definitive solution

• Administrators

That's unfortunate. I guess you can either wait for your hw manufacturer to issue and update (maybe poking him a bit might help :lol: ) or use the default drivers. The default ones usually do not offer all the features of the full blown driver but I guess for a soundcard "it is working" might just be enough ;-) Good luck.