This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

PPA Mumble on Raspbian/Raspberry PI OS (Buster) uses outdated version

Dreknek

Hello,

I've noticed that my mumble server on my Raspberry Pi2b which runs Raspbian Buster(headless server), is using version 1.3.0 of the murmur software. Which was released in september 2019. The program runs flawlessly (Thanks! :) ), but i'm a bit concerned about the missing security fixes of the newer builds. So i tried to update the program.

I have installed mumble server via 'apt' from the supplied Raspbian repository. But the problem is, i cannot upgrade it to version 1.3.4. Version 1.3.0 is the latest the repository provides.

I cannot find a (release) PPA that supports Raspbian. I tried adding the Ubuntu/Debian release PPA, but that obviously didn't work (x86 vs ARM).

I have two questions:

Are build numbers for the client and server software the same?

If the answer is yes, where can i find a PPA that supports Raspbian and ARM devices so i can keep updating to the latest build? For example, who build the working mumble-server 1.3.0 arm port? And why isn't it updated anymore?

Thanks for your help

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Dreknek said:

Are build numbers for the client and server software the same?

Yes

17 hours ago, Dreknek said:

If the answer is yes, where can i find a PPA that supports Raspbian and ARM devices so i can keep updating to the latest build? For example, who build the working mumble-server 1.3.0 arm port? And why isn't it updated anymore?

I think we don't have an official Raspbian PPA.

The ARM build available in the repositories was probably be built by one of the repo maintainers. I guess you should try to contact them...

Another option would be to compile Mumble yourself. Given that there is a package in the repo for it, I assume chances are good that the dependencies needed for that are in the repo as well. You can find the build instructions at https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/blob/master/docs/dev/build-instructions/README.md