This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

SSL certificate accepted only for root user

sfievet

Hi,

my mumble client refuses to connect to any server when launched as normal user. It loops on the certificate acceptation pop-up window. When i click "accept", it disconnects, then reconnect and re-ask... Forever. If i launch mumble as root, it only ask once, then connect to the server. My guess is that it may be access rights related, but where?

My config :

- distro : linux from scratch 6.2

- mumble : 1.2.2 compiled from source

- Qt : 4.4.3 (also tried 4.5.3, and 4.6.3 with no luck)

- Openssl 0.9.8q

- kernel : 2.6.35.8

- soundcard : Realtek ALC 850

- alsa driver : snd-intel8x0 v1.0.23

Please help!

• Moderators

afaik the database which stores accepted SSL certs is in ~/.local/share/Mumble/Mumble on Linux (can't check right now) but there should be a warning message if you don't have write access to that file...

Run mumble from an Terminal/Console to see the warnings and other information. The output can be quite long when you log into a server with a large number of channels, but as you are not able to login this should not be a problem.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

:D

Thanks pcgod! You pointed me to the right direction :

the database which stores accepted SSL certs is in ~/.local/share/Mumble/Mumble

Actually it's in .local/share/data/Mumble/Mumble. I removed the ".mumble.sqlite" file within, and re-started mumble.

...And it worked. The file must have been corrupted i don't know how.

thanks again,

Seb.

@ rawnar : i tried it countless times, but mumble is not exactly verbose (even the debug build), and it didn't give me any clues... But thank you anyways.