This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Input dies on Full Screen Mode

privatebiscuit1

Hello.

I've been having an issue with Mumble and using it in-game. Mumble works perfectly fine unless I'm in a game (most notably, TF2). I can speak, but the second I turn on TF2, it shuts off. The output works fine, but the input does not work at all. Me and my other clan members had managed to narrow down the problem and found that it works fine if I use it in Windowed Mode. Whenever it shifts to Full Screen, the input stops receiving anything I'm saying. A few of my other clan members seem to have the same issue, and we would prefer to play in Full Screen Mode if possible.

I use Windows Vista, and I'm not sure what other information might be relevant. If anyone could help me with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

You could try adding -windowed and -noborder to your TF2 launch options, and then set the resolution in-game to your normal desktop resolution. This will make it so that the game technically runs in windowed mode, but it will look and act exactly like it is in full screen. This should also work in any other HL/source based game.

How do you activate voice transfer, by PTT,Signal-to-Noise or Amplitude? If you use PTT try another method or just leave it open all the time.

Have you also tried disabling the voice chat of TF2? This is what dd0t implicitly suggests.

And while you at it give us some specs: Windows version, Mumble version, Video card, and other things you like to share ;)

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.