This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Positional Audio for Vice City Online

gta-lander

Hi there

I was developing a plugin for positional audio in GTA: Vice City, but Vice City doesn't have multiplayer, so i was developing the plugin for Vice City Online (now renamed to State Of Liberty Online) a program that enables the online gameplay for the game. The problem is, i'm not a programmer (i know a bit of LUA, nothing else), but i was reading the guide of creating the plugin in Visual C++ Express 2008, copying the code and changing some values with the values of the game, but i can't compile it, the program throw me so many errors. Vice City Online sync the position of the players in a server, so with getting the values of the game while executing the MP program, i can get the propper values, but i can't create the plugin.

Sometime ago i found the values of the position array, front and top vector. But now i will to search it again, and now i will use pointers.

Any help will be aprecciated =)

I have had a look at the guide and it is incomplete. You also need to download mumble_plugin_win32.h from here and put it in the same folder as mumble_plugin.h. If you still have problems compiling the code, you can just paste the code here so we can have a look.

BTW, I prefer using the git tree for coding, it will provide all the needed files. And with git you can easily make a patch for the final plugin.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

• 3 weeks later...

First, sorry for a verrrry late answer, because i can't keeping developing the plugin. I think that i can keep developing it.

Now, get ready for some newbie questions:

1. In the plugin file there are some inputs where i have to put the offset. What i have to put there???

I have the position arrays, the front, top and state values.

Example:

ok = peekProc((BYTE *) 0x, &state, 1);

2. How i can get the pointers????? In Cheat Engine it's too confusing to get it.

1. In the plugin file there are some inputs where i have to put the offset. What i have to put there???

The offset stands for the memory offset. An executable will get his own virual memory block by the OS. In this virtual memory block the location of a variable is given by an offset. If you have used Cheat-Engine then the offset can be found in the address column.

2. How i can get the pointers????? In Cheat Engine it's too confusing to get it.

If the found memory addresses with Cheat-Engine that are coloured green and still point to the correct address after GTA is restarted, then they are static and you do not need to do a pointer search. If the memory addresses are not static you can right-click on the address and select pointer search. Unfortunately I can not provide tricks to find good pointers. All I can say you can have a look at one of my first topics concerning the Borderlands plugin, here.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.