This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Mumble crashing using the USB-headset

bluekka

I'm currently using my Creative HS-950 headset for chatting and so on. My OS is Windows 7 x64, more information on request.

I have noticed on strange crashing problem related to the USB-headset.

When I leave the previous session without unmuting myself, it will save the settings for the next session. I mean by when I restart the problem I'll have the same settings when I left previous time.

So, the program starts normally and the server list comes out normally. When joined on a server it crashes or freezes totally. It won't do anything or response to any action. And I have to force it close. And of course because the setting is saved, it will happen every single time. By closing the server list window I can get access to all mumble settings etc.. And for some strange reason it will crash or freeze if I try to unmute myself, So, I've figured out that the problem occurs when I've closed the session with mute on myself and my headset is unplug from the USB (After figuring out that my headset isn't in the Audio Input list)

To fix this, I will just have to replug my headset back in the USB-port.

Apparently the problem is related with the audio input devices that are unplugged between two sessions while the self mute on -setting is saved. Is it any possible to fix this problem, because before i figured out the problem I had to delete all files and reinstall the program. And I might not be the only one.

Thanks.

I think this is a common problem with USB headphones that are unplugged at the moment. I only do not know if there is a patch in the make to fix this. Have you scanned to bug reports on the sourceforge development page of mumble. If the bug does not exist, please add it.

For now I would say you could select another audio output/input before you unplug the USB-headphone.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.