This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Weird packet loss issue

tellytart

I'm seeing a very strange issue, and hoping someone can shed some light.

Setup:

Both myself and a friend are running mumble servers, both binding to IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. Both servers are available to the internet, and friends can connect to both servers without problems.

However, when I'm not connected to a server, my local mumble client is showing a ping time to my friend's server on both IPv4 and IPv6, but I'm getting 100% packet loss to my server (different machine, and am using the local lan IPv4 address), yet I can still connect to my server, and I do start getting ping statistics once connected.

The windows firewall is disabled on my server, and I've tried disabling the firewall on my desktop machine, but still have the same symptoms!

Attached - 2 screenshots - the connection window when I'm not connected to my server, and the connection window when I am connected.

PingDisconnected.jpg.c5bc16f0afe661a24546703049e32186.jpg

Connection window when not connected to my server

PingConnected.jpg.4726e28f77887e87fccabc7d1b008a65.jpg

Connection window when I am connected to my server

Just a small question are you able to ping your own server from a command line using the "ping" command. I had the same problem when I was running murmur on a server that was not replying to a ping request. Probably mumble was using the standard ping request when it was not connected to the server.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.