This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

few questions about mumble

mindae

hi, im green on mumble, so i need some help.

Server running on LINUX

1. Then im adding server, while im in channel, everything seems fine, but then i left from channel, its gone.

2. bandwidth=72000, what u recommend for the best quality.

3. How to get certificate for Lithuanian server? Is it free or cost ?

#sslCert=

#sslKey=

4. And with ssl certificate my server will be in the list?

• Administrators
hi, im green on mumble, so i need some help.

Server running on LINUX

1. Then im adding server, while im in channel, everything seems fine, but then i left from channel, its gone.

You made a temporary channel then.

Make sure you have permission and create a normal, persistent one.

2. bandwidth=72000, what u recommend for the best quality.

Leave it at default.

It's the per user bandwidth limit.

3. How to get certificate for Lithuanian server? Is it free or cost ?

#sslCert=

#sslKey=

You can use your own, or just leave it empty. Murmur will create its own automatically, if needed.

4. And with ssl certificate my server will be in the list?

Your server will also display with an auto-generated one, if your settings are correct (public server).

Ok, i see server is added, cool.

another problem, i register my nick, and now i want to join server, but i got this "wrong password for registered users, please try again", i didnt enter any password, i tryed to change in mysql, but same, cant enter, same for my friend. So what, i cant register my nick or what is a problem?

• Administrators

The certificate is your „long password” (more secure anyway) which you identify yourself with.

As you changed your cert and try to log in it asks for a password (alternative, secondary authentication mechanism).

Remove your account (as an admin / SuperUser) so you can register a new one with the same name or update your certificate on that account.