This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Setup - Connection refused

keanu93

Server: Ubuntu Linux 10.10

Mumble version: 1.2.3

Set port in config file: 64738 (Confirmed for forwarding on router)

Mumble result: Server connection failed: Connection refused

CanYouSeeMe.org result: Error: I could not see your service on 80.192.205.8 on port (64738) Reason: Connection timed out

FAQs already tried:

This means there is a computer there but that is the incorrect port, double check the IP to make sure that this is the right computer, if it is then check what port you are supposed to connect on and put that in the port box on the connect screen.

- IP address and port are correct.

Then you should enable port forwarding on your router to your computer for the port

- Done. Start and end ports are both set to 64738 for Mumble.

Copy of my config file: http://80.192.205.8/config

i think murmur is running normal

i think certificates are required on server default

if you don't have a cert created in the cert-wizard, you'll have to set in murmur.ini

# If this options is enabled, only clients which have a certificate are allowed
# to connect.
#certrequired=False
certrequired=False

and i think you can disable "password=" if you use certs

if that didn't help

help us out with murmur.log to help you

there should be a connectstate, why he refuses

• Administrators

i think murmur is running normal

How come? There’s no real indication of that.

i think certificates are required on server default

Which are automatically created if not specified.

and i think you can disable "password=" if you use certs

Nothing to do with that.

It’s simply a networking issue if your process is indeed running and the IP and port are correct. (That’s also why I didn’t reply yet …)

Check that your process is running.

Then check that the port is bound to.

I used the PS command to ensure murmurd was running, and then asked a friend of mine about process and port.

He said as long as I have port 64738 forwarding on my router, and 64738 was specified in the config file, it should work.

It is still not working, and I have changed it so that a certificate is not required to connect as suggested - this did not solve it either.

Is there something else I need to do to ensure the port is bound to the process?