This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

User with low and inconsistent sound.

rwjordan

Hi there, my guild just made the switch to Mumble and I must say that so far it is amazing :) Unfortunately we are having one problem that we cannot seem to figure out. All of our users can hardly hear out raid leader and we can't seem to figure out what he should change to get his input to the same level as the rest of us. I will try to be more specific about what exactly is happening. When he speaks this volume come in very low to begin with after he has been talking for a few seconds the volume increases, not by much though. As well as the volume going up there is a slight hum. I can get more specifics about his setup if you need, but I will start with what I know.

Windows 7 64bit (not sure if it is home or pro)

Razer Carcharias Headset

M4A87TD EVO Motherboard with onboard sound.

8GB RAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds to me that he needs to setup his mic again. Ask him to redo the Audio Wizard and also follow all instruction carefully. Could be that he forgot to set his microphone boost.

There is one option in the Audio input configuration that effect the audio input volume. He needs to go to the configuration dialog and check the advanced box in the left bottom. Then in Audio Input there is a section called Audio Processing, the slider amplification controls the maximum amplifcation the automatic gain control can perform on the audio. He could try to play with this settings to see if it will improve. But onlu do this when the Audio Wizard rerun did not help.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.