Jump to content
Mumble forums

Mumble 1.2.3 RC2 stops streaming correctly after awhile


eths
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am a complete newbie as far as Mumble / Murmur are concerned. I experimented yesterday, for the first time, with using the Mumble system to stream audio from a software defined radio (a QS1R ), which worked nicely most of the time. I had people from various places around the world, listen to my stream and they said it sounded excellent.


I used Mumble 1.2.3 RC2.


However, after 15 to 120 minutes, the mumble client running on the "radio receiver" computer started to do, what sounded to me like continually repeating one buffer of data. The seemed to occur rather randomly. Opening the advanced input settings and pushing the apply button was enough to "fix" the problem for awhile. This occurred several times.


The computer running the radio receiver software (SDRMAXIV 4.0.0.8 Beta 1 Server), VAC (version 4.10), Mumble and Murmur was a FIT-PC2i (a tiny 2GHz Atom Z550 computer) with Windows 7 Professional.


The other problem I ran into is that the latency is little bit too high, but I haven't done a lot of experimenting with configurations and changing of priorities, yet.


eths

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...