This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Murmurserver for FreeNAS(FreeBSD)

horza10

HI all, I've been fiddling with my FreeNAS-box (FreeNAS) and I'm very interested in adding a Murmur-server to it.

I'm running the Win-murmurdaemon atm on my Win-box, but it'd be great to offload that to the FreeNASbox.

Now I've looked at the FreeBSDpackage and the Umurmur and Staticlinux-builds which I haven't managed to install. FreeNAS is a slimmed down FreeBSDdistro based off Monowall afaik.

But my main gripe is that I can't seem to install JUST Murmur. Taking the Mumbleclient along just gives me Diskspace-issues and I don't need QT etc since I'm not planning on using any GUI.

All I'd really want is a standalone Murmur-daemon to install and manage from an INI.

Has anyone done this already and are there any ports/packages up?

I would appreciate it immensely as I'm not really FreeBSD-native, just a happy amateur.

Cheers.

The staticbuild should work, if your architect is correct. In this I mean it depends on the hardware you are running the FreeNAS on. Could you enlighten us.

Oh I see, FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD which probably means that the staticbuilds will not work. You could try to compile it yourself. If you want to give is a try to compile it yourself, check out this wiki page. Murmur uses some core functions of Qt, so you need to install some of it. But as you were talking about diskspace issues this good be another no go.

Computer specs: AMD FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-SDRAM, AMD Radeon HD 7950, Asus Xonar D1, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit/Debian Jessie AMD64.

Thanks for then suggestion, indeed the StaticLinuxbuild didn't work, much due to Spacerextrictions.

I'm not really acquainted with compiling sources for FreeBSD so I think I'll have to use a something precompiled.

As for my architecture It's a fairly standard Atom D510 on an Intel D510MO and 2 Gig of RAM, 4 SATA-300 2 Gig WD-EAR-disks.

FreeNAS (FreeBSD 7.3-RELEASE-p4 (revision 199506)) is the AMD64-build so it might pose a problem since Murmur is 32 bit, no?

Network is Realtekbased.

It's disheartening to hear that some QT-parts might be mandatory even for Murmur.

I was hoping it might only need CODECs and a small SQL-db.

Is it possible to extract the Murmur-parts out of the complete FreeBSD-package?

• 2 years later...