This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Setting Voice Activity for Incoming Voices

tenaciousdogman

Is there any way I can take a specific user and create a Voice Activation profile for that user on my side. It'd take all incoming audio from a user and filter out anything outside the range I defined for that user (like Voice Activation does for outgoing, but for incoming). Basically it'd mute the user unless they're actually saying something (and maybe lower their volume).

I've got someone in my guild who can't/won't configure his Voice Activity settings properly or switch to PTT and I'd love to just apply them on my end rather than continue hounding him about it. He's a nice guy but I'm sick of hearing every breath and keystroke he takes.