This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Apache server crash after update to murmur 1.2.3 server

delset

Just thought this might help someone...

I am running murmur on Ubuntu 9.10 and I upgraded to murmur version 1.2.3-1~ppa1~karmic1(X11) and upon server restart ( I upgraded kernel too ) apache failed to startup.

Was given an apache error in logs saying:

/usr/share/slice/Murmur.ice:9 error: Can't open include file "Ice/SliceChecksumDict.ice"

I changed the line in Murmur.ice from:

#include

To:

#include /share/slice/Ice/SliceChecksumDict.ice>

After that the problem seems to be resolved, at least apache will now startup. I don't understand why the original config couldn't find the file, it seems as though it should have worked. So if you get an error saying it can't find the file, try the full path to the file in your config. Ensure that your path doesn't differ from mine.

-Cheers

• Administrators
I don't understand why the original config couldn't find the file, it seems as though it should have worked

Because /usr/share/slice was not in the working-dir, thus not found.

The Murmur.ice itself is included from apache, thus apaches working dir.

For debian/ubuntu, you can add the path to the .ice files in the /etc/php5/conf.d/IcePHP.ini

extension = IcePHP.so
ice.slice = "-I/usr/share/Ice/slice /usr/share/Ice/slice/Murmur.ice"

Path's may be different depending on your installation though.