This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

msi didn't install properly, exe available to try?

tuggboat

I have problems with msi installers. Seems MS has played with their C libraries if you ever installed their development software. If you uninstall it you still need hotfixes and they are hard to track down. I've worked on repairing this for a couple years and my best bet is to stay away from msi installers and use the executables.. I tried it anyhow, it installed but crashed on startup like most msi do for me. The executable of 1.22 worked nice. Is there an exe installer for 1.2.3. Or can I just go back to 1.2.2?

• Administrators

You will still be able to use 1.2.2 to talk to the others using 1.2.3. However, you'll miss out the new features and fixes, as well as everyone on the same server will not be able to use the newer CELT codec with improved audio quality.

There is no other installer or windows executable available.

You may want to try extracting the files inside the msi yourself.

7zip for example can just open the msi archive, and you can inspect it and extract files.

Thanks Kissaki. I tried that and executed mumble and libsndfile-1.dll was not present. I looked closer and renamed it with a dash instead of the underscore which was libsndfile_1.dll

this allowed it to go to the next error which looks the same as the .msi? error I spoke of above

instruction at 0x01d45e38 referenced memory at 0x01d7c394. the memory could not be written

standard application error box