This is a read-only archive of the Mumble forums.

This website archives and makes accessible historical state. It receives no updates or corrections. It is provided only to keep the information accessible as-is, under their old address.

For up-to-date information please refer to the Mumble website and its linked documentation and other resources. For support please refer to one of our other community/support channels.

Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connect

kapze

Hi!

After I've downloaded mumble I cannot even open it, but I can open the backwardscompatible which is called v. 1.1, when you are in it. And then after I've typed in my adress, password etc., it says the following: Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection.

I really don't know how to fix it. So if you do know it, please leave an answer so I can use mumble

• 2 months later...

Hello. New to mumble and having a problem. I downloaded the 1.2.3 version and installed it from the website. However, when I run it, it shows 1.1.x backwards compatible. I have went through the uninstall/install routine a few times and get the same result.

Any help?